Hello VideoRobot Community!
Thank you all for bearing with us during this bumpy period in the plugin’s life. The new version, you’ve all waited for is finally out.
Conflict with the WP VR (Virtual Reality) plugin
A year ago, a plugin from the WP repository (WP Virtual Reality) was released using the same slug as VideoRobot (wpvr). This situation has led to numerous update conflicts and replacements of VideoRobot files. We have finally renamed the plugin slug and IDs to wp-video-robot. Therefore, you cannot install this update using the WP updates system. You can follow these three little steps to install this new update.
1. Delete the wpvr folder on your wp-content/plugins directory (or rename it to __wpvr to be safe).
2. Head to WP Plugins > New and install VideoRobot from the release zip file (wp-video-robot.zip).
3. Activate the plugin
If you’re facing any issue regarding this update, please free to send us an email to [email protected].
Unfortunately, most all the video services have made significant changes to their APIs during the past year, which led to our video services add-ons to stop working correctly. We’ve made the difficult decision to say farewell goodbye to several premium add-ons. The main reason is that all the solutions we’ve found to still import from Facebook or Youku or even TED are just workarounds. We couldn’t find any reliable, stable, and official solutions. Here is a complete list of all the add-ons that we have terminated: Facebook Video Service, TED Video Service, Youku Video Service, Rutube Video Service, Canal+ Video Service.
Our support system has been down for almost four months now. Hopefully, we have been able to assist our customers through email. We’ve decided to move all our support and documentation to HelpScout, to centralize all help resources and channels in on place and within the plugin backend interface.
At the moment, you can send an email to [email protected]. We’ll gladly assist you with any issues you would encounter. We’ll keep you posted once the new support system will be up and running.
Youtube API limitations
As you all know, the Youtu API has considerably decreased the call rate limit per day from 50 million credits down to 10K credits per day. And since VideoRobot relies on APIs to legally and officially get you all the videos you want, we came with several improvements to circumvent those limitations.
What’s new in this version?
- Added support for PHP 7.3.x.
- Added support for the latest WordPress version.
- Added support for individual import on Gutenberg Editor.
- Added updates for all theme fixes.
- Corrected the video player responsiveness issues.
- This release includes several corrections, as well as several security fixes. For further information, you may want to check the online Changelog or the one on the plugin’s root folder.
As always, we do welcome all feedback. If you ever have any questions or comments, please reach us out on [email protected].
Happy Video Importing!
The team at WP Video Robot